About the studio
I've specialized in portraits of animal companions and their people since 1989 when my wife Carol and I created Alaska Pet-ography.
I'm a life-long Alaskan, born in Fairbanks before statehood.
Your family, dogs and animal companions will feel comfortable, energetic and at ease as soon as you walk through our studio's front door. When the session is completed you'll be excited to see what we've accomplished together. I'll be just as excited to show you the results. But you'll have to wait just few days.
Your session can happen at my studio in South Anchorage, in the great Alaska outdoors or a combination of both (my favorite option.)
My best work includes animal companions with their families, high school seniors, executives, studio and on-location adventures.
Prices for Anchorage sessions begin at $150. Prints and packages are sold separately. Look for special offers on my home page or on my Facebook business page: David Jensen Photography.
Portraits are purchased at a sales appointment within a few days following your session appointment.
Packages include digital collections with copyright release, wall portraits, memory books and albums, novelty gifts, greeting cards and much more.
Most of my customers spend $400 or more at their ordering appointment but that's up to you. I'll present you with many, many great portraits that will be hard to resist. My packages begin as low as $250.
I accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Call (907) 868-1680 to schedule your session or consultation.
Gift certificates are available if the recipient has used my services in the past or if they have met with me through a consultation.
An alternative is to purchase a second party Gift Card (VISA, Mastercard, etc.) and include it with one of my coffee table books.
When I agree to offer them, I ask that gift certificates for my studio be purchased in amounts of $250 or more.
Call for additional information: (907) 868-1680
A little about me
I never take for granted how fortunate I am that my parents raised me in Anchorage. I truly know the meaning of Alaska life and try to spread that spirit whenever possible. I'm a kid at heart and absolutely love hiking with dogs while doing what I can to preserve our outdoors and way of life.
- Born in Fairbanks, 1957 (before Alaska statehood.)
- Graduated from Service High School, 1976
- Graduated from UAA, BA/Communications and Public Relations, 1989 (2015 - JPC Alumnus of the year)
- Created Alaska Pet-ography & David Jensen Photography studio, 1989
- Anchorage Lions Club, Past President (2015 & 2016)
- Pioneers of Alaska, 1st Vice President
- Antique Automobile Mushers of Alaska, Vice President
- Front Row Seats Band, director and musician (trumpet)
- Scoop the Poop committee (Anchorage Waterways Council), member
- Alaska Trails and Tails Hiking Group (Facebook Admin and Founder)
- Alaska Dispatch News - 2016 Best of Alaska Photographer, Platinum
- Author of four books
What being Alaskan means to me
In 2017, the studio hosted three fundraisers in support of people and organizations in need. Included in these efforts. Our customers are solely responsible for making these things happen, including:
- $10,000+ which was used to help with hurricane relief in TX, FL and Puerto Rico.
- $3,500+ to assist an Anch. business woman fight her battle with ovarian cancer.
- My It's Important to Paws series of books raise funds annually to assist with the adoption and care of abandoned animal companions. This program has been in place since 2012.
I love our state, my friends and neighbors. My studio was created to be a gathering place for people who share my passion for life and giving back.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
dj & Layla