About the studio
I've specialized in portraits of animal companions and their people since 1989 when my wife Carol and I created Alaska Pet-ography.
I'm a life-long Alaskan, born in Fairbanks before statehood.
Your family, dogs and animal companions will feel comfortable, energetic and at ease as soon as you walk through our studio's front door. When the session is completed you'll be smiling and excited to see what we've accomplished together. I'll be just as excited to show you the results. But you'll have to wait just few days.
Your session can happen at my studio in South Anchorage, in the great Alaska outdoors or a combination of both (my favorite option.)
My best work includes animal companions with their families, high school seniors, executives, studio and on-location adventures.
Prices for Anchorage sessions begin at $150.
Prints and packages are sold separately. Look for special offers on my home page or on my Facebook business page: David Jensen Photography.
Portraits are purchased at a sales appointment within a few days following your session appointment.
Packages include digital collections with copyright release, wall portraits, memory books and albums, novelty gifts, greeting cards and much more.
I'll present you with many, many great portraits that will be hard to resist. My packages begin as low as $250. What you spend will be up to you.
I accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Call (907) 868-1680 to schedule your session or consultation.
Gift certificates are available if the recipient has used my services in the past or if they have met with me through a consultation.
An alternative is to purchase a second party Gift Card (VISA, Mastercard, etc.) and include it with one of my coffee table books.
When I agree to offer them, I ask that gift certificates for my studio be purchased in amounts of $250 or more.
Call for additional information: (907) 868-1680
A little about me
I never take for granted how fortunate I am that my parents raised me in Anchorage. I truly know the meaning of Alaska life and try to spread that spirit whenever possible. I'm a kid at heart and absolutely love hiking with dogs while doing what I can to preserve our outdoors and way of life.
- Born in Fairbanks, 1957 (before Alaska statehood.)
- Graduated from Service High School, 1976
- Graduated from UAA, BA/Communications and Public Relations, 1989 (2015 - JPC Alumnus of the year)
- Created Alaska Pet-ography & David Jensen Photography studio, 1989
- Anchorage Lions Club, Past President (2015 & 2016)
- Pioneers of Alaska, 1st Vice President
- Antique Automobile Mushers of Alaska, Vice President
- Bugler. Bugles Across America
- Front Row Seats Band, director and musician (trumpet)
- Scoop the Poop committee (Anchorage Waterways Council), member
- Alaska Trails and Tails Hiking Group (Facebook Admin and Founder)
- Alaska Dispatch News - 2016 Best of Alaska Photographer, Platinum
- Author of four books
What being Alaskan means to me
My studio hosts annual fundraisers in support of people and organizations in need. This has included:
- Hurricane relief in TX, FL and Puerto Rico.
- Medical care cost relief for an Anchorage resident.
- American Lung Association
- Friends of Pets
- My It's Important to Paws series of books raise funds annually to assist with the adoption and care of abandoned animal companions. This program has been in place since 2012.
- Artwork featuring animal companions is displayed at local hospitals, assisted living homes and more. This artwork brings a sense of calm when it's needed the most.
I love our state, my friends and neighbors. My studio was created to be a gathering place for people who share my passion for life and giving back to a place that has given so much to me.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
dj & Layla