About the studio
I've specialized in portraits of animal companions and their people since 1989 when my wife Carol and I created Alaska Pet-ography.
I'm a life-long Alaskan, born in Fairbanks.
Your family, dogs and animal companions will feel comfortable, energetic and at ease as soon as you walk through our studio's front door. When the session is completed you feel excited about what we've accomplished together. I'll be just as excited to show you the results a few days later.
Your session can happen at my studio in South Anchorage, in the great Alaska outdoors or a combination of both (my favorite.)
My best work includes animal companions with their families, high school seniors, executives, studio and on-location adventures.
Prices for Anchorage sessions begin at $125. Prints and packages are sold separately.
Occasionally, we offer seasonal promotions. If one is available it will be found on my home page or on my Facebook business page.
Portraits are purchased at a sales appointment within a few days following your session appointment.
Packages include Wall Art Packages, Digital Collections with copyright release, Portrait Books and Albums and much more.
Most of my customers invest $350 or more at their ordering appointment but that's up to you. I'll present you with many, many great portraits that will be hard to resist.
I accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Call (907) 868-1680 to schedule your session or consultation.
Gift certificates are available if the recipient has used my services in the past or if they have met with me through a consultation.
An alternative is to purchase a second party Gift Card (VISA, Mastercard, etc.) and include it with one of my coffee table books.
I recommend that gift certificates for my studio be purchased in amounts of $250 or more.
Call for additional information: (907) 868-1680
A little about me
I never take for granted how fortunate I am that my parents raised me in Anchorage. I truly know the meaning of Alaska life and try to spread that spirit whenever possible. I'm a kid at heart and absolutely love hiking with dogs while doing what I can to preserve our outdoors and way of life.
- Born in Fairbanks, 1957 (before Alaska statehood.)
- Graduated from Service High School, 1976
- Graduated from UAA, BA/Communications and Public Relations, 1989 (2015 - JPC Alumnus of the year)
- Created Alaska Pet-ography & David Jensen Photography studio, 1989
- Anchorage Lions Club, Immediate Past President (2015 & 2016)
- Pioneers of Alaska, 2nd Vice President
- Antique Automobile Mushers of Alaska, Vice President
- Front Row Seats Band, director and musician (trumpet)
- Scoop the Poop committee (Anchorage Waterways Council), member
- Alaska Trails and Tails hiking Group (Facebook Admin and Founder)
- Alaska Dispatch News - 2016 Best of Alaska Photographer, Platinum
- Author of two books (with two more due November 1, 2017)