About the studio
I opened my first photography studio in 1989 with my wife, Carol.
Our sessions begin in my South Anchorage studio and often continue in the great Alaska outdoors. My happy place is behind the camera with Layla by my side as we hike with friends and families along the trails and mountains of Chugach State Park.
I'm most know for my work animal companions and their people, high school seniors, executives, studio and on-location adventures.
Prices for Anchorage sessions begin at $150.
Prints and packages are sold separately. Look for special offers on my home page or on my Facebook business page: David Jensen Photography.
Portraits are purchased at a sales appointment within a few days following your session appointment.
Packages include digital collections with copyright release, wall portraits, memory books and albums, novelty gifts, greeting cards and much more.
I'll present you with many, many great portraits that will be hard to resist. My packages begin as low as $250. What you spend will be up to you. On average, customers spend anywhere from $400 and up.
I accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Call (907) 868-1680 to schedule your session or consultation.
A little about me
I never take for granted how fortunate I am that my parents raised me in Anchorage. I'm a kid at heart and absolutely love hiking with dogs while doing what I can to preserve our outdoors and way of life.
- Born in Fairbanks, 1957 (before Alaska statehood.)
- Graduated from Service High School, 1976
- Graduated from UAA, BA/Communications and Public Relations, 1989 (2015 - JPC Alumnus of the year)
- Created Alaska Pet-ography & David Jensen Photography studio, 1989
- Anchorage Lions Club, Past President (2015 & 2016)
- Pioneers of Alaska, 1st Vice President
- Antique Automobile Mushers of Alaska, Vice President
- Volunteer Bugler, Bugles Across America
- Front Row Seats Band, director and musician (trumpet)
- Scoop the Poop committee (Anchorage Waterways Council), member
- Alaska Trails and Tails Hiking Group (Facebook Admin and Founder)
- Anchorage Daily News: 2016 & 2017 Best of Alaska Photographer
- Author of four books
What being Alaskan means to me
My studio hosts annual fundraisers in support of people and organizations in need. This has included:
- Hurricane relief in TX, FL and Puerto Rico.
- Medical care cost relief for an Anchorage resident.
- American Lung Association
- Friends of Pets
- My It's Important to Paws series of books raise funds annually to assist with the adoption and care of abandoned animal companions. This program has been in place since 2012.
- Artwork featuring animal companions is displayed at local hospitals, assisted living homes and more. This artwork brings a sense of calm when it's needed the most.
I love our state, my friends and neighbors. My studio was created to be a gathering place for people who share my passion for life and giving back to this place that gives so much to us.
Thank you for your support and friendship. I would love to meet you and yours.
dj & Layla