I'm a lifelong Alaskan. Born in Fairbanks before statehood, my parents and grandparents called Alaska home beginning in the 1940s.
I graduated from Service Hanshew Junior/High School in 1976 and then the University of Alaska Anchorage in 1989 through its Journalism and Public Communication program.
While I focused on communications and public affairs for many years I also created, with my wife Carol's constant support, a business known as Alaska Pet-ography and David Jensen Photography. The studio was established in 1989. We're proud that our business has employed countless young people throughout the years.
My family includes five dogs and one cat. Most were adopted from Alaska animal rescue organizations including Friends of Pets and Extended Life Animal Sanctuary.
I also enjoy self-publishing calendars, greeting cards and coffee table books including the award winning It's Important to Paws (2013) and When Age Has No Leash (2014.) Two additional books are in the works.
Outside of the business of photography and family, my passions include membership in the following all-Alaska organizations.
- Anchorage Lion's Club (president 2014 - 2016)
- Pioneers of Alaska, member since 2015
- Antique Automobile Mushers of Alaska
- Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
- Front Row Seats Band, Director, 1983 - present
- Friends of Pets - Pet Patrol photographer since 1989
- Alaska Trails and Tails Facebook Group, creator and administrator since 2013
Call me at the studio between 8- 4 p.m. M-F or email me. (907) 868-1680 email@example.com
Also, please friend me on my personal Facebook page or Like my David Jensen Photography Facebook page.
I'm also Tweeting!