From the creators of the It’s Important to Paws book series.
We’re currently seeking cat models – the young and young at heart – who have special relationships with any of the following:
- their person
- another cat
- a dog
- other kinds of animal companions
- itself (that’s all some cats need!)
Most cats selected for this project will be photographed at the studio with their significant other during a 30-60 minute portrait session. In some cases, subjects will be called back for a second photography session.
Participants will be selected, in part, based on a 200-word (or less) story that exemplifies what makes them ideal candidates for this project. Sessions will include up to two subjects but this depends upon your essay and ability to explain why more or fewer subjects should be included.
We’re seeking funny, mischievous, adventurous, poignant and cat-sational stories that, when combined with our photography, will bring smiles to others while creating a greater appreciation of cats as wonderful companions. Happy stories preferred.
This project will culminate in published form however those details will not be revealed until we’ve begun the post-production process.
- Catpurred Hearts session fees are waived (Free!!)
- All participants will sign an essay and photo release. Images may appear in publication, print, video and social media.
- All participants will be able to purchase photos from their session(s) at some point this year but not immediately.
- Sessions will be completed February, 2015.
- We can only accept a certain number of models. Please know that selecting models is very difficult and we’ll receive a lot of responses.
- Submissions should be sent to the studio via email along with your phone number and the best time to call
- All terms subject to change as this is a work in progress.